Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Brooklyn Morning


I can't remember whether I've posted about it, but I've been completely in love with Youngna Park's work for about half a year now. I finally purchased a piece called Brooklyn Morning (above) from Jen Beckman's gallery. It not only captures the mood of my neighborhood, but some of the magic that's leftover here in early daylight.

Younga Park has an incredible archive that makes me wish I could thank the internet for granting me access to such beautiful, high-res photos.

Check out her sense of light and geometry:


Her sense of space, color, and mood:


The way she uses simple props to construct a narrative:


And her unusual use of focus:


All photos courtesy of her archive. If you too want to wake up to a street full of confetti, check her stuff out.

No comments: